Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Check it out: Michael Stagliano's blog

I've heard that I should check out Michael Stagliano's blog, and finally I did. I liked a lot of what he had to say...though I didn't appreciate him insinuating a spoiler!!

Anyway, this was my fave:

Anywho.  In some bizarre twist of kindness, Courtney plans a pre-wedding.  And look, this was crazy sweet and.  IT WAS…stop it… it WAS!  Though I do remember “seeing” (that’s right… I never “participated”) kids do fake weddings at recess when I was 9 and 10.  She explains she did a photo shoot at the location they were at (bridezilla magazine?) and since she saw it, she has always wanted to get married there.  Sure.  I actually buy it…  She pulls out a bow tie, some paper, pens.  They walk up to the altar where a man is standing (who must be thinking…ok now, you want me to do WHAT exactly?  And the couple is HOW OLD?) and they read their vows.  Ben’s were a bit bland if you ask me.  It always irks me a bit when people write “poetry or vows” and use words they wouldn’t normally use, for example.  Ben says, ” I feel like a better person when I am in your presence.”  No one talks like that…including you, Ben…just say, “when I am with you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment