Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Bachelor Ben - Episode 3

Oh man. Major DRAMZ per usual. I know I’m a day late but I have to break it down anyway…so here goes!

Emily gets the first one-on-one! She’s one of my faves…she doesn’t seem fake and she has a really earnest, girl-next-door thing about her that’s really appealing. Emily meets Ben for their date and finds out…they’re climbing the Golden Gate Bridge!! DAH dramz.com all the way, because Emily is afraid of heights. I hate heights too…right now I’m trying to plan a trip to the Grand Canyon but it’s getting interrupted because I keep having stress dreams about falling off the edge…anyway, I feel Emily’s pain.

Did anyone else feel like this climbing experience was less than safe? It wasn’t like ziplining or something where it’s scary but everyone knows you’re going to be fine. I felt like Ben and Emily could have legit slipped off. Anyway, Emily starts to have a panic attack (which they didn’t really show) and Ben calms her…by giving her a kiss. Etc, etc, they make it to the top, making out, lots of talking about how “if we can climb this bridge, who knows what we can do together!” Ben seems to be getting kind of Bachelorized…he’s definitely using many more clichés these days.

Also, Emily makes a comment that bridge is like romance, it connects two things…which embarrassingly enough took me about 30 minutes to get. I think watching The Bachelor kills brain cells.

Anywho, Ben and Emily have a lovely dinner with fireworks (we never find out how they got off the bridge…hmmmm) and he gives her the rose. He tells her that she’s smarter than him and he likes that. Well played Ben.

Next up, a group date where the women strip down to bikinis and ski down a San Francisco hill. Sexayyy. I’m thinking Chris Harrison was pissed he missed out on this.

MEANWHILE. Brittney gets the next one-on-one date card. But she isn’t that pleased. In fact, she’s downright perplexed. She comes to the conclusion that this isn’t right for her and she and Ben aren’t right for each other…so during the group date cocktail party she goes to Ben and tells him she’s heading home.

Ben is upset, etc etc, it seems like his floppy-headed pride is injured.

Instead of Brittney, Ben takes Lynzie on the next date. The do the classic Bachelor move - awkward one-on-one concert, then head to a speakeasy for dinner. She gets a rose. I thought this date was pretty boring, to be completely honesto.

Moving on, the biggest DRAMZ of the night. Shawntel shows up to the rose ceremony, and asks Ben to give her a rose. The other women FREAK. OUT. They get really mean, saying cruel things to Shawntel and refusing to talk to her.

I kind of felt like I was missing something…I mean, obviously it’s not fair to bring her back, but it’s a reality TV dating show – it’s not a fair premise to begin with. Also, all evidence before this points to Shawntel being a really sweet person, but all these women seems convinced that she’s a capital B bitch.

Courtney really confuses me…when she’s talking to Ben she says her connection is so strong that she’s not concerned about the other women. But then when Shawntel shows up she claims that she won’t accept a rose if he gives one to Shawntel. Hmmm…

Cut to rose ceremony. One rose – 3 women left: Erika, Jaclyn and Shawntel. Erika passes out a little bit…yet another thing I can commiserate with! Former contestants say that people pass out pretty often on the show during rose ceremonies because they go on for hours so that isn’t too surprising. I felt really bad for her though, rough night.

In the end, Ben gives the final rose…to NO ONE. Maybe he was trying to reassert his dominance after Brittney left? In any case, the three rejected women are upset, but Ben moves on. Time to go to Park City, Utah!

Thanks for reading! A special shout-out to my friend Mike – he’s an Army Ranger but he’s not too cool to watch the Bachelor!

No comments:

Post a Comment