Wednesday, January 4, 2012

So you wanna host a Bachelor viewing party...

Obviously this isn't rocket science. But it's still fun to make it interesting, by throwing a little competition in the mix!

You can sign up for Fantasy Bachelor (like Fantasy Football) on the Bachelor Facebook page.

Or you can do what I did, and have all your friends fill out brackets. I got mine from Ashley Spivey's blog, saynotocosmo.com. She had people fill out their picks before the first rose ceremony in the first episode, but we decided to cross out "Night 1" and watch the first episode, then make our picks before the start of the second episode. That way you have a much better idea of who everyone is before you make your picks. It's still tricky though! I paid attention to who people liked on Twitter and also just picked the ones who stood out to me - it's not too hard to see who the crazies are, though you never know, Ben might just go for the crazy!

Another game, where everyone wins, is a Bachelor drinking game...this is a good one. Be sure to drink with some classy Ben-esque wine!

We also decided that we're going to have theme snacks and drinks each week, depending on what exotic locale they are travelling to. This week they're going to Sonoma...so I think that definitely deserves some wine and cheese! I made a simplified version of this Cookin' Canuck recipe last time and I think I might have to bring it out again! I used goat cheese because I like it better than brie, but to each her own!

So gather the ladies (and dudes if they're into that kind of thing) and let me know how your Bachelor viewing party goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment